Telephone: (510) 497-HEAL (4325)
Accepting new clients
Shenaaz Janmohamed, LCSW
I seek to support people in healing from interpersonal, familial, societal, systemic, and historical traumas. Through utilizing both relational theory and mindfulness practice, my therapy work is built upon the mutual understanding of how relationships can heal, mend and tend to our hurts and growth areas.
Areas of interests and specialty
- Gender based violence (domestic violence, sexual assault, rape)
- Secondary trauma (vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue) for activists and non-profit workers
- Internalized oppression, Islamophobia, xenophobia
- Muslim and immigrant identity and complexity
- Queer, Trans, People of Color (QTPOC)
- Sexuality and identity formation and exploration
individual, relationships/couples, family, periodic groups
My rate is within the community standards for individual therapy (50 minute session).
To create more access to those with financial hardship, I have a limited amount of reduced fee slots available. To that end, I also invite those with more financial resources to consider paying a higher rate to pay forward for another.
Your fee will be determined based on mutually agreed amount. Please inquire for more information.
Not currently accepted
3863 Howe Street Oakland 94611
Few flight of stairs, not wheelchair accessible, low fragrance